What can children do?
- Create child-friendly information on MHPSS, including materials that are inclusive and accessible (i.e., illustrations, audio/video messages, different languages).
- Identify child-friendly communication channels and share their MHPSS messages. Ensure channels chosen are inclusive
- Support peer-to-peer dialogue about returning to school. Create a safe space for children to discuss fears, problems, and challenges related to returning to school and help find solutions.
- Explore how children and young people can be agents of change in the reopening process. Define which issues that children prioritize and which advocacy or awareness-raising actions children can lead. Children can play a leading role in the safe back-to-school campaign.
- Participate in decision-making processes during reopening, with appropriate support from adults as needed.